Sunday, February 20, 2005

Wednesday is the Big Day

Well, Wednesday is looking to be an eventful day.

First of all, we are going up to Willits with a trailer, and are hauling home a ton of bagged cow manure, ground oystershell, rice hulls, organic potting soil with coco fiber, and some other stuff to rehab the dirt gardens.

Loren is driving over to work on his days off from the Inn. He is unloading the trailer, and carrying stuff to the garden spaces. He is also briging a chainsaw to cut down the dead tree.

The new Mantis Electric Tiller arrives Wednesday. And so does the 2 additional bean towers from Burpee.

Yippee! What a fun day it is going to be!

I am all ready for seed starting in earnest March 1st. I have the new heating mat, and the light and table as I told you earlier. I have the seeds.

I have been transplanting more raab and cabbage into larger grow cubes. I have 7 celery seedlings growing, tiny tiny little things they are. The seeds are like dust. The bok choi is up and growing its first true leaves. One of the 9 yr old broccoli seeds sprouted. We'll see if it is healthy or not. It is growing slowly, and has not popped up it's head yet.

March 1st we start the tomato seeds, and many others, like flowers. I am getting new planting trays and cells Wednesday. Will be properly prepared for the Big Day.